It's been a fun, full week. First I started out with our graduate symposium. My poster
caught a few eyes and generated some discussions. Afterwards it became clear that I will have to develop a hook to engage 'gulf of mainers' into caring about the Arabian Sea. Hmmm.... started thinking about the connections (similarities and differences).
The past two days I have finally gotten to work one on one with Annette. It has been very useful to ask her my myriad of questions, bounce ideas off of her and basically become oriented to my project. I feel like I have a much clearer idea of what my project encompasses. Now, only to be able to articulate it in a straightforward fashion. :)
I have been working on the concept map (aka instructive framework) for my story-line. We put together a 'flexible' framework- one that can be used to tell a story of the Arabian Sea, of the Gulf of Maine, of the Baltic Sea, of.... where ever one wants to tell a story. The base components have been decided upon. Now I am fleshing out the story for the Arabian Sea. Once I feel like I have all the components I will post it here.
This afternoon I returned to my 'alma mater' Bigelow Laboratories. Is this where it all started? The campus is more developed than it was in 1992, but I did recognize more places than I thought I would. I met with Helga do Rosario Gomes and Joaquim Goes. We spoke about bringing in their connections from Oman to the blog. We decided that I would begin a new sister blog where international students can contribute to a discussion about climate change in the Arabian Sea. I hope to have it up and running by early next week. When it is up I will link it to this blog.
Tomorrow is an adventure to New Hampshire, so it is bed time if I want to get up on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment