Today I chatted briefly with Molly Schuffler from the Climate Change Institute about assessment. She gave me a few things to think about interms of the project.
- Talk with other graduate students who have done assessment, eg Danielle Minutte (with ames)
- What do I want to measure with the assessment? Student Learning (did they, to what extent, misconceptions); Teacher Learning; Changes in students' attitude on science; etc.
- Look at a few different assessments: Likert Scale - UMD Physics Education Research Group; Force Concept Inventory; GeoScience Concept Inventory (Julie Libarken)
- If tailoring modules to middle school or high school, look at the Maine Learning Results rev. 2007
- I will need to think about things like IRB (training, approval), what is needed and allowed in school districts in terms of doing assessment in public schools (issues like wards of the state, etc)
No comments:
Post a Comment